LAAC VALUES DIVERSITY.
LAAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ALL INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
None currently available.
For employment opportunities at LAAC member organizations, please click here.
Law Student Clerks
LAAC generally accepts 1-2 volunteer law clerks for each season: summer, fall and spring. If you would like to be considered for the law clerk positions, please email email@example.com
LAAC will be accepting 1-2 volunteer law clerks fall 2017.
Nature of Work
All law clerks will participate in projects in all of LAAC’s core areas, including advocacy, training, coordination, and technology. Although the specific projects on which the law students will work are subject to change, the overall work will contain some of the following types of projects.
- Legal research and writing supporting LAAC’s current advocacy projects
- Legal memos on topics relevant to legal services programs more broadly
- Legislative analysis of pending bills affecting legal services and the courts
- Support to LAAC’s Advocacy Committee and Executive Director, as needed
- Support to LAAC’s Program Attorney on amicus efforts
- Assistance preparing materials for the June “Pathways to Justice” conference
- Assistance preparing materials for Senior Legal Services Provider meetings
- Possibly organize existing training resources for new attorneys
- Support to the LAAC Executive Director and Program Attorney
- Work with the LAAC Program Associate to update content and postings to websites
- Perhaps draft original content intended for legal services attorneys
Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
We traditionally hire one to two undergraduate work-study interns per year. If you are interested in becoming a LAAC intern, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we will have an opening in the next academic session.
If you are interested in volunteering in the future, please contact email@example.com. When we have a need for volunteers, we’re happy to see if you’re available!